BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Welcome!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From the Desk of Ashley

Ashley loves to read, and today's quote comes from a book of poems by Alfred Lord Tennyson. She's obsessed with this book of poems. She bought it off ebay, and is constantly flipping through its worn pages. "Isn't it so beautiful?", she asks me. 

This is an excerpt from the poem, 'Maude'

"She is coming, my own, my sweet; Were it ever so airy a tread, my heart would hear her and beat. Were it earth in an earthly bed; My dust would hear her and beat. Had I lain for a century dead; would start and tremble under her feet, and blossom in purple and red".



I must agree, it is quite beautiful.

And the moment you've all been waiting for, the word of the day.

sanguine (adj)-optimistic, hopeful, or confident


Much Love,

Ash and Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment