BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Welcome!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

DIY Teacup Candles

So I have been looking at a lot of blogs lately, and I have seen a lot of these DIY posts and all of these handmade things. So please allow me to jump on that bandwagon, because frankly, I like it. 

A little while ago, I went to tea with my cousins and sisters. Being the little Martha Stuart that she is, my cousin Karen gave each of us an adorable teacup candle, all in a different little teacup. I loved this idea, and they really are very easy to make. 

So basically all that this project entails is going to an antique shop and finding a tea and saucer set. (Trust me, antique shops almost always have an abundance collection of these) Or, some of you might have your own that you want to use. Then, you take some old candles, using whatever scent or color you like. Take a large pan and fill it with water, and simmer it over a medium to low heat. Take another pan and place it in the water. This is the pan that you are going to want to melt the old candle in. 

Take some wick, and secure it to a sustainer. Place it in the teacup, making sure it stretches above the rim. Once the wax is melted, pour it into the cup, right below the rim. It's that easy. They are super adorable, and they definitely catch people's eyes.

Here are a few examples:







I hope everyone enjoyed this! Let me know what you think of this idea. Thanks for reading. :)

-Sam and Ash


3 comments:

  1. Those are cute. Sounds really easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I so envy clever, creative people!
    ~Vickie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to try this one! Great post! Nice tea cup designs by the way. :)

    Just followed you on Google Friend Connect. Hope I get a follow back. Thank you! :)

    www.themommist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete